Our program director, Christine Alden, put pen to paper to make the case on why the outdoors should be an integral part of every early learning and child care program. She explains outdoor learning and its benefits to kids’ development and provides some policy considerations for integrating the outdoors into learning and care programs. She further outlines the importance of outdoor spaces for learning, the need to consider outdoor spaces as valuable learning environments, important licensing considerations, and opportunities to promote access to local green spaces.
- Guest Blog Series | Self-Management Health Coaches – A valuable resource in the continuity of care
- Report | Funding for Outdoor Play in Canada
- Article | Why the outdoors should be an integral part of every early learning and child-care program
- Outdoor early learning helps kids. Provinces should do more to support it
- Open Letter | Charitable, academic, & private sector leaders urge Ottawa to limit child care funds to nonprofit/public providers